LA ALTA Endorsement 14.2 (Future Advance-Letter of Credit) (with MML)
The ALTA Endorsement 14.2 is designed for insurance of a mortgage securing a letter of credit or other surety or reimbursement agreement. The ALTA Endorsement 14.2 insures against (1) invalidity or unenforceability of the insured mortgage as security for Advances; (2) lack of priority of the lien of the insured mortgage as security for Advances; and (3) invalidity or unenforceability of the mortgage because of Re-Advances and repayments, lack of outstanding debt before an Advance, and failure to comply with legal requirements for Advances.
Unlike ALTA Endorsements 14 and 14.1, the ALTA 14.2 Endorsement does not insure with respect to interest rate adjustments.
Like ALTA Endorsements 14 and 14.1, this endorsement contains exclusions from coverage: real estate taxes and assessments, federal tax liens filed more than 45 days before the advance, federal or state environmental protection liens, and usury.
Unlike ALTA Endorsements 14 and 14.1, this endorsement does not exclude Advances made after a bankruptcy (because of favorable law accorded Advances under reimbursement or similar agreements), or consumer credit protection or truth-in-lending laws (because this endorsement is contemplated only on commercial transactions).
The Endorsement may be issued only on commercial transactions.
The underwriting requirements are as follows:
- Verify the mortgage (a) expressly secures reimbursement to the lender of
Advances pursuant to a Reimbursement Agreement executed in connection with
the issuance by the lender of an existing letter of credit, surety or other
reimbursement obligation, and (b) complies with state requirements for disclosure
of future Advances in Virtual Underwriter under 17.46.12 "Future Advance
Forms to Use for Each State".
- Verify the mortgage establishes a maximum time for Advances.
- Verify the mortgage establishes a maximum amount of Advances.
- Comply with our underwriting instructions for the applicable state set
forth in Virtual Underwriter under 17.46 "Revolving Credit (Future Advance)
Endorsements" and under 17.46.12 "Future Advance Forms to Use for
- If the land is located in Alaska, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Missouri, Montana, Virginia, or Wyoming, issue the ALTA Endorsement 14.2 W/MML (with mechanic's lien exception), unless you secure underwriting approval to issue the ALTA Endorsement 14.2 WO/MML (without mechanic's lien exception). If the loan is made in connection with construction, issue the ALTA Endorsement 14.2 W/MML (with mechanic's lien). Otherwise, issue the ALTA Endorsement 14.2 WO/MML (without mechanic's lien exception).
Any revision to this form requires approval of a Stewart Title Guaranty Company underwriter. The underwriting guidelines contained herein have been provided for general reference. The facts, circumstances, and location of the subject property should be considered when determining the issuance of the requested form or endorsement. Please note that all of the forms and endorsements included in this system may not be available in all states. Accordingly, please contact the appropriate Stewart Title Guaranty Company underwriting personnel in order to determine availability.
Compliance with the underwriting guidelines contained herein in no way obligates Stewart Title Guaranty Company to issue any form or endorsement.
This guideline applies to the following form(s):None