OR Manufactured Housing Unit Endorsement Guideline 7.23
This endorsement is issued in conjunction with either a Loan or Owner's Policy to insure a manufactured housing unit located on the land. Manufactured housing includes pre-fab homes, mobile homes, modular homes, and other manufactured housing permanently attached to the land as a fixture.
(1) You must verify that the manufactured housing is attached to the property as a permanent improvement; for example, you may verify by inspection, affidavit and survey, or affidavit and pictures.
(2) You must verify that the manufactured housing is not treated under state law as personal property; for example, you must verify that any title certificate previously issued has been canceled.
(3) You must verify that any liens on the title certificate are satisfied and that any sales or personal property taxes on the transfer of the manufactured housing are paid.
(4) If state law provides that a separate UCC filing may be effective as to a third-party purchaser, then you must review the applicable UCC records in connection with the manufactured housing unit.
(5) Even if you are not asked to issue this endorsement, you should, whenever insuring land with manufactured housing attached as a permanent improvement, verify that there are no liens on the title (either on the title certificate if applicable or as reflected by a UCC search) or you should make a general exception to any such possible liens.
(6) You must verify that the assessor has assessed the manufactured home as a real property improvement.
The underwriting guidelines contained herein have been provided for general reference. The facts, circumstances, and location of the subject property should be considered when determining the issuance of the requested form or endorsement. Please note that all of the forms and endorsements included in this system may not be available in all states. Accordingly, please contact the appropriate Stewart Title Guaranty Company underwriting personnel in order to determine availability.
Compliance with the underwriting guidelines contained herein in no way obligates Stewart Title Guaranty Company to issue any form or endorsement.
This guideline applies to the following form(s):