STG Forbearance Modification Endorsement
Attached to Policy No. ____________________________
Issuing Agent for
STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY
The Company insures against loss or damage sustained by the Insured by reason of the invalidity Based on the representation of the Insured that by an agreement dated ________________ (Agreement), the Insured Mortgage has been modified at the date hereof only in one or more of the following respects:
1. the maturity date has been extended;
2. the rate of interest has been reduced;
3. earned but unpaid interest has been capitalized;
4. reduced mortgage payments made outside the payment cycle of the loan;
5. the lowest rate of the adjustable loan has been reduced, or
6. the interest rate spread has been increased but the top rate has not been changed.
The Company hereby assures the owner of the indebtedness secured by the mortgage referred to in Schedule A that the modification as evidenced by the Agreement will not impair the validity, enforceability or priority of the lien of the insured mortgage as insured.
No coverage is provided hereby in the event the Agreement modifies the insured mortgage to any greater extent or in any different way from that represented above.
This endorsement does not insure against loss or damage, and the Company will not pay costs, attorneys' fees, or expenses, by reason of any claim that arises out of the transaction creating the modification of the Insured Mortgage (Modification) by reason of the operation of federal bankruptcy, state insolvency, or similar creditors' rights laws that is based on:
1. the Modification being deemed a fraudulent conveyance or fraudulent transfer; or
2. the Modification being deemed a preferential transfer except where the preferential transfer results from the failure:
a. to timely record the instrument of transfer; or
b. of such recordation to impart notice to a purchaser for value or to a judgment or lien creditor.
This endorsement is issued as part of the policy. Except as it expressly states, it does not (i) modify any of the terms and provisions of the policy, (ii) modify any prior endorsements, (iii) extend the Date of Policy, or (iv) increase the Amount of Insurance. To the extent a provision of the policy or a previous endorsement is inconsistent with an express provision of this endorsement, this endorsement controls. Otherwise, this endorsement is subject to all of the terms and provisions of the policy and of any prior endorsements.
STG Forbearance Modification Endorsement (05-2020)
ISSUING TITLE AGENT NAME
No guidelines are available for this form at this time.