MD Affidavit-First Time Homebuyers (State Transfer Taxes) 1
STATE OF MARYLAND)
) to wit:
BEFORE me the undersigned authority a Notary Public of the State of Maryland, on this day personally appeared: JOHN Q. PUBLIC and NANCY Q. PUBLIC, husband and wife who being by me duly sworn, depose(s) and say(s):
1. THAT each of them is over 18 years of age and is otherwise competent to make this affidavit.
2. THAT they are the buyers of certain real property situate in the state of Maryland, the improvements whereon are known as: [add the property address] (the Property).
3. THAT the property is improved by a 1-4 family residential structure which will be occupied by affiants as their principal residence.
4. THAT each affiant is either a first time Maryland homebuyer as defined in TP sec. 13-203, annotated Code of Maryland or is a co-maker or guarantor of a purchase money Mortgage/Deed of Trust (as defined in TP 12-108) who will not occupy the Property as his/her principal residence.
5. THAT affiants made this affidavit to induce the State of Maryland to charge the State Transfer Tax at the reduced rate of 0.25% as provided in TP sec. 13-203.
6. THAT affiants understand that any tax assessed at this reduced rate must be paid entirely by the Sellers.
WITNESS the hand and seal of affiant(s).
JOHN Q. PUBLIC
NANCY Q. PUBLIC
Sworn to and subscribed before me this __________ day of ___________, 20_____.
My Commission Expires:______________
No guidelines are available for this form at this time.