- June 11, 2021
- All New York State Agents, Office Counsel, and Managers
- New Statutory Short Form Power of Attorney (GOL Section 5-1501 et seq.)
Please be advised that effective June 13, 2021 the New Statutory Short Form Power of Attorney (GOL Section 5-1501 et seq.) will take effect. The old form Power of Attorney (Sept. 2010) may no longer be used.
The changes to the new form have previously been discussed in Stewart Title Bulletin NY000652. A copy of said bulletin is annexed for your reference. The new form Power of Attorney is available on our website.
For on-line viewing of this and other bulletins, please log onto www.vuwriter.com.
Underwriting Manual: 15.52 Powers Of Attorney
Exceptions Manual: NY Powers of Attorney
THIS BULLETIN IS FURNISHED TO INFORM YOU OF CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS. AS A REMINDER, YOU ARE CHARGED WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE CONTENT ON VIRTUAL UNDERWRITER AS IT EXISTS FROM TIME TO TIME AS IT APPLIES TO YOU, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS. OUR UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS DO NOT AUTHORIZE OUR ISSUING AGENTS TO ENGAGE IN SETTLEMENTS OR CLOSINGS ON BEHALF OF STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY. THIS BULLETIN IS NOT INTENDED TO DIRECT YOUR ESCROW OR SETTLEMENT PRACTICES OR TO CHANGE PROVISIONS OF APPLICABLE UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS. CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, OR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION SHOULD NEVER BE SHARED OR DISSEMINATED EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY LAW. IF APPLICABLE STATE LAW OR REGULATION IMPOSES ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS, YOU SHOULD CONTINUE TO COMPLY WITH THOSE REQUIREMENTS.
- Bulletins Replaced:
- Related Bulletins:
- NY000407 Power of Attorney
- NY000412 New Statutory Power of Attorney and Real Property Transfer Tax Filings
- NY000454 New Statutory Short Form Power of Attorney (and Statutory Gift Rider)
- NY000455 New Bulletin on the New Power of Attorney
- NY000652 New Statutory Short Form Power of Attorney (GOL Section 5-1501 et seq.)
- Underwriting Manual:
- Exceptions Manual: