- March 11, 2019
- All Nevada Issuing Offices
- UNDERWRITING - Remote Online Notarization in Nevada (This Bulletin is a Supplement to SLS2018003)
The Nevada legislature passed Assembly Bill 413 (AB413) in June 2017. The effect of AB413 was to authorize remote online notarization (RON) in Nevada. As part of AB413, the Nevada Secretary of State was required to adopt rules and regulations for implementation of RON in Nevada. The Secretary of State has now adopted such regulations to implement RON in Nevada. The Temporary Regulation can be found HERE.
Effective immediately, subject to Stewart Title policies and procedures and Nevada regulations, RON may now be used in Nevada.
Stewart Title Policies and Procedures
Stewart policies and procedures as outlined in Bulletin SLS2018003 which is available on Virtual Underwriter and linked below generally govern transactions signed using RON.
In addition to the requirements of SLS2018003, RON may be used in Nevada with the following limitations:
- The notary must be a Nevada notary.
- The Notary must be approved by the Nevada Secretary of State as an electronic notary public.
- The technology platform must be approved by Stewart Title. See SLS2018003 for an updated list of approved technology providers.
- The technology platform must be approved by the Nevada Secretary of State. See Nevada Secretary of State web site for list of approved technology providers.
- The Notary must be physically located in the State of Nevada when the notarial act takes place.
- The signer must be physically located in a U.S. state or territory. Contact a Stewart Underwriter if the signer is located outside of the U.S.
- The transaction being insured for which RON is being used must involve property located in Nevada.
If you have any questions relating to this or other bulletins, please contact a Stewart Title Guaranty Company underwriter.
For on-line viewing of this and other bulletins, please log onto www.vuwriter.com.
THIS BULLETIN IS FURNISHED TO INFORM YOU OF CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS. AS A REMINDER, YOU ARE CHARGED WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE CONTENT ON VIRTUAL UNDERWRITER AS IT EXISTS FROM TIME TO TIME AS IT APPLIES TO YOU, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS. OUR UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS DO NOT AUTHORIZE OUR ISSUING AGENTS TO ENGAGE IN SETTLEMENTS OR CLOSINGS ON BEHALF OF STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY. THIS BULLETIN IS NOT INTENDED TO DIRECT YOUR ESCROW OR SETTLEMENT PRACTICES OR TO CHANGE PROVISIONS OF APPLICABLE UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS. CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, OR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION SHOULD NEVER BE SHARED OR DISSEMINATED EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY LAW. IF APPLICABLE STATE LAW OR REGULATION IMPOSES ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS, YOU SHOULD CONTINUE TO COMPLY WITH THOSE REQUIREMENTS.
- Bulletins Replaced:
- Related Bulletins:
- SLS2018003 UNDERWRITING - Remote Online Notarization
- Underwriting Manual:
- Exceptions Manual: