- March 28, 2019
- All California Issuing Offices
- RATES AND/OR FORMS UPDATE - UPDATED RATES FILING
As you are aware from Bulletin CA2019001 issued March 27, 2019, Stewart Title Guaranty Company (“STG”) is filing an amended Schedule of Charges and Forms for Title Insurance in the State of California ("Manual"). This Manual is pending California Department of Insurance (“DOI”) approval, anticipated to become effective on April 29, 2019; please post as required. After filing, STG was notified of a few typos/omissions. Attached are the links to the updated manuals for your convenience. (Click here to view a copy of the “COMBINED Redline”, “New Redline” and the “Accepted” versions).
The following are the only changes to the Redline and Final versions linked to Bulletin CA2019001. This amended Manual is filed with the DOI requesting the effective date of April 29, 2019:
(1) Page 3, Table of Contents; Section 1.26 - removed “Owner’s” from the title of the section;
(2) Page 9, Section 1.26 - removed “Owner’s” from the title of the section and added “under Sections 3.6 and 3.21” to provide clarity that the discount applies to refinance transactions under the regular refinance rate (Section 3.6) and the already discounted refinance rate (Section 3.21 S.T.A.R.)
(3) Page 35, Sections 9.1 and 9.5 - added charge minimums of $400 and $300, respectively.
If you have any questions about this bulletin, any pricing concerns, or any other bulletin please contact a member of your Stewart Title Guaranty Company’s California Underwriting Team.
For on-line viewing of this and other bulletins, please log onto www.vuwriter.com.
THIS BULLETIN IS FURNISHED TO INFORM YOU OF CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS. AS A REMINDER, YOU ARE CHARGED WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE CONTENT ON VIRTUAL UNDERWRITER AS IT EXISTS FROM TIME TO TIME AS IT APPLIES TO YOU, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS. OUR UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS DO NOT AUTHORIZE OUR ISSUING AGENTS TO ENGAGE IN SETTLEMENTS OR CLOSINGS ON BEHALF OF STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY. THIS BULLETIN IS NOT INTENDED TO DIRECT YOUR ESCROW OR SETTLEMENT PRACTICES OR TO CHANGE PROVISIONS OF APPLICABLE UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS. CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, OR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION SHOULD NEVER BE SHARED OR DISSEMINATED EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY LAW. IF APPLICABLE STATE LAW OR REGULATION IMPOSES ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS, YOU SHOULD CONTINUE TO COMPLY WITH THOSE REQUIREMENTS.
- Bulletins Replaced:
- Related Bulletins:
- CA2019001 RATES AND/OR FORMS UPDATE - STGC Rate Manual Update
- Underwriting Manual:
- Exceptions Manual: