- January 07, 2020
- All Georgia Issuing Offices
- UNDERWRITING - REVISION TO O.C.G.A. SECTION 15-6-77 Revisions to Recording Fees pertaining to Real Estate or Personal Property
On January 1, 2020, House Bill 288, which in part revised O.C.G.A. section 15-6-77, went into effect. Attached to this bulletin please find a copy of HB 288 in its entirety.
All Georgia issuing offices should please note the following revisions to O.C.G.A. section 15-6-77 relating to recording fees pertaining to real or personal property:
- A flat fee of $25.00 will be charged to record most documents pertaining to Real Estate, including each deed, security deed, affidavit, release, notice, certificate, cancellation, assignment, notice filing for Uniform Commercial Code related real estate, assignment of a security deed, a lien on real estate and personal property, hospital lien, notice of lis pendens, written information on utilities, writ of fieri facias and cancellation of a lien.
- For any instrument that includes a request for cancellation, satisfaction, release, or assignment of more than one instrument the $25.00 filing fee shall be paid for each such instrument which is to be cancelled, satisfied, released or assigned.
- The fee for filing of a tax lien by a state or local government agent is $5.00 for the first page, $2.00 for each additional page, and $2.00 for each cross reference.
- The fee for filing a financing statement, amendment to financing statement, continuation statement, termination statement, release of collateral, or other filing pursuant to Article 9 of Title 11 is $25.00.
- The fee for recording a plat or map is $10.00 per page.
If you have any questions relating to this or other bulletins, please contact a Stewart Title Guaranty Company underwriter.
For on-line viewing of this and other bulletins, please log onto www.vuwriter.com.
Real Estate Practices - Deeds
THIS BULLETIN IS FURNISHED TO INFORM YOU OF CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS. AS A REMINDER, YOU ARE CHARGED WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE CONTENT ON VIRTUAL UNDERWRITER AS IT EXISTS FROM TIME TO TIME AS IT APPLIES TO YOU, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS. OUR UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS DO NOT AUTHORIZE OUR ISSUING AGENTS TO ENGAGE IN SETTLEMENTS OR CLOSINGS ON BEHALF OF STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY. THIS BULLETIN IS NOT INTENDED TO DIRECT YOUR ESCROW OR SETTLEMENT PRACTICES OR TO CHANGE PROVISIONS OF APPLICABLE UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS. CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, OR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION SHOULD NEVER BE SHARED OR DISSEMINATED EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY LAW. IF APPLICABLE STATE LAW OR REGULATION IMPOSES ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS, YOU SHOULD CONTINUE TO COMPLY WITH THOSE REQUIREMENTS.