- April 11, 2018
- All West Virginia Issuing Offices
- RATES AND/OR FORMS UPDATE - West Virginia Forms Update
Please be advised that the following forms have been approved for use in West Virginia by the West Virginia Department of Insurance effective April 23, 2018:
ALTA Short Form Commitment for a Short Form Residential Loan Policy (009-UN) (12-01-2017)
The ALTA Commitment contains the following notable features:
- Adds a Notice at the top of the Commitment reiterating that the Commitment is an offer to issue a Short Form Loan Policy of Title Insurance, and is not an abstract of title, report of the condition of title, and is not an opinion of title, or other representation of the status of title.
- Adds a notice stating that the Commitment does not republish any covenant, condition, restriction, or limitation contained in any document referred to in the commitment to the extent that the covenant, condition, restriction, or limitation violates state or federal law based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
- Adds a section to Schedule A to insert Transaction Identification Data (Issuing Agent, Issuing Office, ALTA Universal ID, Loan ID Number, Commitment Number, Issuing Office File Number, Property Address, Revision Number), all for reference only.
This new commitment will be a companion form to the 2016 ALTA Commitment. Please note that the "Notice" provision should be included in the form.
NOTE: Agents should contact PropertyInfo Customer Care or your title production software vendor to get the new forms implemented in your systems.
As a reminder, other forms should not be used if a comparable ALTA version is available. If a comparable ALTA version is available, the most current version of the ALTA form available in your state should be used, unless approved by a Stewart underwriter.
If you have any questions relating to this or other bulletins, please contact a Stewart Title Guaranty Company underwriter.
For on-line viewing of this and other bulletins, please log onto www.vuwriter.com.
THIS BULLETIN IS FURNISHED TO INFORM YOU OF CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS. AS A REMINDER, YOU ARE CHARGED WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE CONTENT ON VIRTUAL UNDERWRITER AS IT EXISTS FROM TIME TO TIME AS IT APPLIES TO YOU, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS. OUR UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS DO NOT AUTHORIZE OUR ISSUING AGENTS TO ENGAGE IN SETTLEMENTS OR CLOSINGS ON BEHALF OF STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY. THIS BULLETIN IS NOT INTENDED TO DIRECT YOUR ESCROW OR SETTLEMENT PRACTICES OR TO CHANGE PROVISIONS OF APPLICABLE UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS. CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, OR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION SHOULD NEVER BE SHARED OR DISSEMINATED EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY LAW. IF APPLICABLE STATE LAW OR REGULATION IMPOSES ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS, YOU SHOULD CONTINUE TO COMPLY WITH THOSE REQUIREMENTS.
- Bulletins Replaced:
- Related Bulletins:
- Underwriting Manual:
- Exceptions Manual: