- August 03, 2017
- All California Issuing Offices
- RATES AND/OR FORMS UPDATE - Rate Manual Amendment Update
The Stewart Title Guaranty Company Schedule of Charges and Forms for Title Insurance in the State of California ("Manual") that was filed on June 30th has been amended to correct a few minor scriveners errors; California Department of Insurance approval is still pending; and there is no anticipated change to the effective of August 15, 2017. A redline version and a version with those changes accepted are attached as a link for your convenience and posting as required. (Click here to view a copy of the amended "Redline" and the amended "Accepted" versions; June 30th filing “Redline” and the June 30th “Accepted” versions.)
Specifically, STGC has amended its June 30th filing as there were errors in the table of content references, an alignment issue in Section 4 that added a page to the filing (should be 84, not 85 pages), and two other minor errors detailed as follows:
(1) Section 2.5 (page 9 of this newly amended filing) was missing a line charge in the second portion of the NOTE section; you can see it was intended to mirror the first portion of the Note section but was missing the middle charge; and
(2) Section 10 (page 38 of this newly amended filing) was corrected and clarified as it had “All policies” for the 100.09-06 and the 100.10-06 when there were and remained separate charges for the Extended (formerly ALTA) and for the Standard (formerly CLTA).
If you have any questions about these changes or any pricing concerns, please contact a member of your Stewart Title Guaranty Company's California Underwriting Team.
For on-line viewing of this and other bulletins, please log onto www.vuwriter.com.
THIS BULLETIN IS FURNISHED TO INFORM YOU OF CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS. AS A REMINDER, YOU ARE CHARGED WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE CONTENT ON VIRTUAL UNDERWRITER AS IT EXISTS FROM TIME TO TIME AS IT APPLIES TO YOU, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS. OUR UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS DO NOT AUTHORIZE OUR ISSUING AGENTS TO ENGAGE IN SETTLEMENTS OR CLOSINGS ON BEHALF OF STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY. THIS BULLETIN IS NOT INTENDED TO DIRECT YOUR ESCROW OR SETTLEMENT PRACTICES OR TO CHANGE PROVISIONS OF APPLICABLE UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS. CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, OR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION SHOULD NEVER BE SHARED OR DISSEMINATED EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY LAW. IF APPLICABLE STATE LAW OR REGULATION IMPOSES ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS, YOU SHOULD CONTINUE TO COMPLY WITH THOSE REQUIREMENTS.
- Bulletins Replaced:
- Related Bulletins:
- CA2017004 RATES AND/OR FORMS UPDATE - Notice of Removal of Section 1.18 - Volume Pricing
- Underwriting Manual:
- Exceptions Manual: