- June 29, 2017
- All Virginia Issuing Offices
- RATES AND/OR FORMS UPDATE - New Virginia Rate Manual
Please note there is a newly-revised Virginia Rate Manual and Schedule of Charges. The effective date for the manual is August 1, 2017. An electronic version of the rate book can be found below for your convenience.
There are two significant changes:
1) Simultaneous Issue fee is $200.00.
2) Rates over $2,500,000.00 per manual are being published with no owner's policy or loan policy amount limits, i.e., the rates are run out to infinity. Please remember that agents must obtain Over Limits approval for all policies in excess of the agent’s underwriting authority.
Please remember to continue using the current Virginia rate manual for all transactions until August 1, 2017.
NOTE: Agents please contact PropertyInfo Customer Care or your title production software vendor to get the new form changes implemented in your system.
Virginia Rate Manual (Click to View)
Schedule of Charges (Click to View)
If you have any questions relating to this or other bulletins, please contact a Stewart Title Guaranty Company underwriter.
For on-line viewing of this and other bulletins, please log onto www.vuwriter.com.
THIS BULLETIN IS FURNISHED TO INFORM YOU OF CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS. AS A REMINDER, YOU ARE CHARGED WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE CONTENT ON VIRTUAL UNDERWRITER AS IT EXISTS FROM TIME TO TIME AS IT APPLIES TO YOU, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS. OUR UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS DO NOT AUTHORIZE OUR ISSUING AGENTS TO ENGAGE IN SETTLEMENTS OR CLOSINGS ON BEHALF OF STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY. THIS BULLETIN IS NOT INTENDED TO DIRECT YOUR ESCROW OR SETTLEMENT PRACTICES OR TO CHANGE PROVISIONS OF APPLICABLE UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS. CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, OR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION SHOULD NEVER BE SHARED OR DISSEMINATED EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY LAW. IF APPLICABLE STATE LAW OR REGULATION IMPOSES ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS, YOU SHOULD CONTINUE TO COMPLY WITH THOSE REQUIREMENTS.
- Bulletins Replaced:
- VA2014001 RATES/AND OR FORMS UPDATE: NEW VIRGINIA RATE MANUAL
- Related Bulletins:
- Underwriting Manual:
- Exceptions Manual: