- April 04, 2013
- All New York State Agents, Office Counsel and Managers
- NEW TP-584 - STARTING APRIL 15, 2013
The NYS Department of Taxation and Finance (“DOF”) has recently revised Form TP-584, Combined Real Estate Transfer Tax Return, Credit Line Mortgage Certificate, and Certification of Exemption from the Payment of Estimated Personal Income Tax and TP-584-I instructions. The revised forms have a print date of (4/13) (links for sample forms are attached for your ready reference).
DOF will be mailing the County Clerk's Offices copies of the revised Form TP-584 and Form TP-584-I shortly. The County Clerk's Offices will begin distributing the forms and they can also be requested by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The modifications made to the forms are minor and the county clerk's offices will continue to accept the prior version of Form TP-584 for 60 days after 4-15-2013.
Here are a few highlights of the revisions that were made to the form. As part of your review, please look for the following prior to submitting an original form from your office for recording:
- A check box was added to the TP-584 for Grantor/Transferor and Grantee/Transferee for "Single member LLC." If this box is checked by either the grantor or grantee, then the single member of the LLC must complete the added name and identification number box for the single member.
- The grantor must now list the Statewide Information System Code (SWIS Code) for the property under the location and description of property conveyed on the TP-584. The SWIS Code for the property can usually be found on the property tax bill, or by contacting the county assessment office. In addition, the instructions direct filers to visit a State web site http://orpts.tax.ny.gov/cfapps/MuniPro/swis/index.cfm? to access the list of property SWIS codes.
- On page 4 of the TP-584, referees’ are instructed that if the property being conveyed is pursuant to a foreclosure proceeding, they should proceed to Part II, check the second box under exemptions for nonresident transferor(s)/seller(s) and sign at the bottom.
For conveyances to be recorded in the New York City boroughs of Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn or Queens, it is clarified on the TP-584 that checks are to be made payable to the NYC Department of Finance. For Richmond County (Staten Island) checks should be made payable to the county clerk.
TP-584 (4/13) click to view
Instructions for Form TP-584 (4/13) click to view
If you have any questions relating to this or other bulletins, please contact a Stewart Title Insurance Company Legal Services Representative at 212-922-0050.
THIS BULLETIN IS FURNISHED TO INFORM YOU OF CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS. AS A REMINDER, YOU ARE CHARGED WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE CONTENT ON VIRTUAL UNDERWRITER AS IT EXISTS FROM TIME TO TIME AS IT APPLIES TO YOU, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS. OUR UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS DO NOT AUTHORIZE OUR ISSUING AGENTS TO ENGAGE IN SETTLEMENTS OR CLOSINGS ON BEHALF OF STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY. THIS BULLETIN IS NOT INTENDED TO DIRECT YOUR ESCROW OR SETTLEMENT PRACTICES OR TO CHANGE PROVISIONS OF APPLICABLE UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS. CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, OR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION SHOULD NEVER BE SHARED OR DISSEMINATED EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY LAW. IF APPLICABLE STATE LAW OR REGULATION IMPOSES ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS, YOU SHOULD CONTINUE TO COMPLY WITH THOSE REQUIREMENTS.
- Bulletins Replaced:
- Related Bulletins:
- NY000120 New York State Real Property Transfer Gains Tax Repealed
- NY000131 Revised TP-584; Revised TP-584.1; and Form TP-584.2
- NY000160 Enabling Legislation Authorizing the Imposition of a Real Estate Transfer Tax on Conveyances in the Peconic Bay Region of Suffolk County
- NY000172 Nassau County Transfer Tax Update
- NY000211 NYS Tax Law Section 663; Payment of Estimated Personal Income Tax; Changes to NYS Department of Taxation and Finance Form TP-584
- NY000240 New TP-584 (11/04) Form; 2005 Forms for IT-2663 and 2664; MT-15
- NY000288 NYC Recordings; Miscellaneous Mortgage and Transfer Tax Increases
- NY000304 Prepayment of TP-584
- NY000306 Town of Warwick, Orange County Transfer Tax
- NY000307 New NYS Transfer Tax forms (TP-584)
- NY000314 TP-584 (3/07)
- NY000412 New Statutory Power of Attorney and Real Property Transfer Tax Filings
- NY000415 Amendment to Bulletin 412
- NY000428 Westchester County PREP System Update
- NY000519 Prepaying Transfer Tax
- Underwriting Manual:
- Exceptions Manual: