- February 08, 2011
- All New York State Office Counsel, Managers and Agents
- Title Insurance Rate Service Association, Inc. Data Call, https://nydatacall.com
NYDATACALL.COM NOW AVAILABLE
The Title Insurance Rate Service Association as advised Stewart Title Insurance Company that the New York State Insurance Department (NYSID) has required all title insurance underwriters operating in New York to collect income and expense data for 2010 from their independent agents and Examining Counsel. The Information is due by March 1, 2011. To assist you in the collection of the data, Stewart has created a secure web site: nydatacall.com. The website https://nydatacall.com is online and operational.
To access the site you must use Internet Explorer and direct your browser to https://nydatacall.com. The process to complete this data call is as follows:
- Hit Login on the page https://nydatacall.com
- Username is your six digit Agent ID
- Password is "stewart" (all lowercase and no quotes)
- The first time you log on it requests you change your password:
o Current password is "stewart" (all lowercase and no quotes)
o New Password - any password you like
o Confirm new password - type new password again
o Hit Continue
- Company Verification - You can edit address, phone, fax and website data but not Agent ID or Company Name
- Personal Verification - Enter the name, etc. of the person filling out the form
- Read the introduction and FAQ
- Begin Entering Data
- If you cannot complete the questionnaire in one sitting, you can close Internet Explorer and access the site later. Some things to remember:
o Your new password to access the site
o The data is saved up to the point you hit the "next" button so if you want to leave a screen and have already inputted data in that screen, make sure to hit next so that the system saves the data
- If you have questions on the line item you can hit the text "Help" on the upper right hand side and scroll to the Line Item number in question.
- Once you submit the data you cannot edit the form.
- You can print out a worksheet to save.
To further assist you in the collection of the data as required by the NYSID, Stewart will provide, on the web site, your 2010 remittance data. This data will be limited to the last remittance submitted for policy dates in 2010 and will consist of total policy premium and endorsement premium remitted for polices made in 2010. The data will also include a policy count. All the data will be broken down by zone. To the extent that you have not remitted on 2010 policies, this information will not be complete.
If you have questions regarding the use of the web site or technical difficulties with the web site contact Stewart Agent Legal Services.
For online viewing of this and other bulletins, log onto: www.stewartnewyork.com.
THIS BULLETIN IS FURNISHED TO INFORM YOU OF CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS. AS A REMINDER, YOU ARE CHARGED WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE CONTENT ON VIRTUAL UNDERWRITER AS IT EXISTS FROM TIME TO TIME AS IT APPLIES TO YOU, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS. OUR UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS DO NOT AUTHORIZE OUR ISSUING AGENTS TO ENGAGE IN SETTLEMENTS OR CLOSINGS ON BEHALF OF STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY. THIS BULLETIN IS NOT INTENDED TO DIRECT YOUR ESCROW OR SETTLEMENT PRACTICES OR TO CHANGE PROVISIONS OF APPLICABLE UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS. CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, OR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION SHOULD NEVER BE SHARED OR DISSEMINATED EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY LAW. IF APPLICABLE STATE LAW OR REGULATION IMPOSES ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS, YOU SHOULD CONTINUE TO COMPLY WITH THOSE REQUIREMENTS.
- Bulletins Replaced:
- Related Bulletins:
- NY000468 Title Insurance Rate Service Association, Inc. Data Call 2010
- Underwriting Manual:
- Exceptions Manual: