- April 27, 2007
- All Issuing Offices
- Changes in the Bulletin Process
This bulletin informs you of changes to the bulletin distribution and numbering process.
Stewart Legal Services has contracted with ExactTarget©, a provider of email marketing software, for the email distribution of bulletins. This system will provide a paperless method of bulletin distribution, resulting in significant savings of both time and money. The ExactTarget© process will begin May 7, 2007, therefore, paper bulletins will no longer be sent out from Houston beginning on that date.
It will be each Associate's responsibility to provide their email address for the bulletin distribution list. This bulletin is being distributed in the traditional manner, as well as by email through ExactTarget©. If you did not receive this bulletin by email (i.e., if you have only received a paper copy of this bulletin), please promptly provide the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org or return the enclosed response envelope. As always, bulletins can be accessed by logging onto http://www.vuwriter.com/.
Email Address Name Company Entity ID City State
Bulletin Designations and Numbering
As in the past, Stewart Legal Services will continue to assign all bulletin numbers. However, effective May 7, 2007, the numbering system will change to reflect the following:
1. A new prefix "SA" will be used for nationally-issued alerts relating to specific properties, persons and/or entities. In Virtual Underwriter, the "Special Alerts" category will contain all alerts issued with the new "SA" prefix, including special alerts, closing alerts, FDIC special alerts, and warnings, as well as alerts previously-issued under the "SLS" prefix.
2. The prefix "SLS" will be used for bulletins relating to company policy and broad underwriting practices and procedures. In Virtual Underwriter, these bulletins will continue to be located in the "National" category together with bulletins previously issued under the "NL" prefix.
3. There will be no change to the designation "MU" (multistate), which will continue to be used for bulletins regarding practices and procedures relating to more than one state.
4. All bulletins and Special Alerts will have a new numbering system that will begin with the applicable prefix ("SLS," "SA," "MU," etc.) followed by the year of issuance and a three-digit number beginning with 001 each year. For example, the first National Bulletin issued in 2008 will receive the designation: SLS2008001. At the beginning of each year, the numbering system will recommence with 001 following the current year. State bulletins and multi-state bulletins will also follow this new numbering system.
5. All bulletins and closing alerts will have a new standardized Stewart header.
Beginning May 7, 2007, all closing alerts (whether originating in Houston or elsewhere) will be posted to Virtual Underwriter by the Virtual Underwriter Administrator for Stewart Legal Services in Houston. Only state bulletins will continue to be posted to Virtual Underwriter by the individual state VU Administrators, after completing the bulletin issuance procedure.
Please contact either of the undersigned if you have any questions concerning this procedure.
Cherisse Patton Vicki Bee
Virtual Underwriter Attorney Bulletin Coordinator/VU Administrator
Stewart Legal Services Stewart Legal Services
Stewart Title Guaranty Company Stewart Title Guaranty Company
1980 Post Oak Blvd., Suite 710 1980 Post Oak Blvd., Suite 710
Houston, Texas 77056 Houston, Texas 77056
(800) 729-1902 (800) 729-1902
email@example.com (email) mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org (email)
For on-line viewing of this and other bulletins, log onto http://www.vuwriter.com/
THIS BULLETIN IS FURNISHED TO INFORM YOU OF CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS. AS A REMINDER, YOU ARE CHARGED WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE CONTENT ON VIRTUAL UNDERWRITER AS IT EXISTS FROM TIME TO TIME AS IT APPLIES TO YOU, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS. OUR UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS DO NOT AUTHORIZE OUR ISSUING AGENTS TO ENGAGE IN SETTLEMENTS OR CLOSINGS ON BEHALF OF STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY. THIS BULLETIN IS NOT INTENDED TO DIRECT YOUR ESCROW OR SETTLEMENT PRACTICES OR TO CHANGE PROVISIONS OF APPLICABLE UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS. CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, OR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION SHOULD NEVER BE SHARED OR DISSEMINATED EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY LAW. IF APPLICABLE STATE LAW OR REGULATION IMPOSES ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS, YOU SHOULD CONTINUE TO COMPLY WITH THOSE REQUIREMENTS.
- Bulletins Replaced:
- Related Bulletins:
- SLS00144 This Bulletin has been replaced by SLS2007005.
- SLS00300 Virtual Underwriter, the Bulletin Process and Underwriting Questions
- Underwriting Manual:
- Exceptions Manual: