- August 16, 2006
- All Louisiana Agents and Issuing Offices
- Additional Insured Endorsement/CLTA 107.9
Stewart Title received approval from the Louisiana Department of Insurance for the following new endorsement and rate.
Additional Insured Endorsement
This endorsement provides for the naming of an additional insured; provided the insured agrees to the following underwriting requirements:
1. When issuing this endorsement, the original policy is not to be updated.
2. The original policy should not be modified or amended to contain any language which is intended or may be construed as an update of the policy.
3. This endorsement excludes from coverage matters which would be disclosed by an examination of title, and it also excludes:
a. Failure of the added insured to acquire an insurable interest in the land; and
b. Any defect, lien, or encumbrance attaching by reason of the acquisition of the estate or interest in the land by the added insured.
This new form and rate will become effective August 1, 2006.
Thank you for your business and please callJohn Hall at 1-800-209-4675 x4 or Wayne McDonald at x3 with any questions.
THIS BULLETIN IS FURNISHED TO INFORM YOU OF CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS. AS A REMINDER, YOU ARE CHARGED WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE CONTENT ON VIRTUAL UNDERWRITER AS IT EXISTS FROM TIME TO TIME AS IT APPLIES TO YOU, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS. OUR UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS DO NOT AUTHORIZE OUR ISSUING AGENTS TO ENGAGE IN SETTLEMENTS OR CLOSINGS ON BEHALF OF STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY. THIS BULLETIN IS NOT INTENDED TO DIRECT YOUR ESCROW OR SETTLEMENT PRACTICES OR TO CHANGE PROVISIONS OF APPLICABLE UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS. CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, OR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION SHOULD NEVER BE SHARED OR DISSEMINATED EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY LAW. IF APPLICABLE STATE LAW OR REGULATION IMPOSES ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS, YOU SHOULD CONTINUE TO COMPLY WITH THOSE REQUIREMENTS.
- Bulletins Replaced:
- Related Bulletins:
- Underwriting Manual:
- Exceptions Manual: