- May 16, 2003
- All New York State Office Counsel, Managers and Agents
- 1) USA Patriot Act/Executive Order 13224; 2) Increased Filing Fee for Equalization & Assessment Form/ACRIS
Below, please find a link to Bulletin No. 158 of the National Legal Department of Stewart Title Guaranty regarding the USA Patriot Act and Executive Order 13224, as well as a memo from New York State Land Title Association regarding the imposition of the increased filing fee for the Equalization and Assessment Form in the counties of Kings, Queens, New York and Bronx.
If you have any questions, please call Company Counsel.
Note: Attachment accompanied hard copy distribution of this bulletin.
THIS BULLETIN IS FURNISHED TO INFORM YOU OF CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS. AS A REMINDER, YOU ARE CHARGED WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE CONTENT ON VIRTUAL UNDERWRITER AS IT EXISTS FROM TIME TO TIME AS IT APPLIES TO YOU, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS. OUR UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS DO NOT AUTHORIZE OUR ISSUING AGENTS TO ENGAGE IN SETTLEMENTS OR CLOSINGS ON BEHALF OF STEWART TITLE GUARANTY COMPANY. THIS BULLETIN IS NOT INTENDED TO DIRECT YOUR ESCROW OR SETTLEMENT PRACTICES OR TO CHANGE PROVISIONS OF APPLICABLE UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS. CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, OR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION SHOULD NEVER BE SHARED OR DISSEMINATED EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY LAW. IF APPLICABLE STATE LAW OR REGULATION IMPOSES ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS, YOU SHOULD CONTINUE TO COMPLY WITH THOSE REQUIREMENTS.
- Bulletins Replaced:
- Related Bulletins:
- NY000204 City Register Transactions
- NY000205 1) City Register Transactions; 2) Increase Filing Fees for Form RP-5217 (Equalization & Assessment)
- NY000206 1) City Register Transactions; 2) Increase Filing Fees for Form RP-5217 (Equalization & Assessment)
- SLS00158 USA Patriot Act - Money Laundering; Executive Order and Terrorists Activities
- Underwriting Manual:
- Exceptions Manual: